Review: The Second Window - Erica Kiefer



The Second Window


Review: The Second Window - Book #1 - Erica Kiefer - December 2017
I had read a blurb or something for the second book a few weeks ago, and it stuck in my mind, so much that it made me want to source the first book. This was better than I thought it would be an OMG the ending was a cliffhanger and ARGH moment that reminded me of the PLL Finale. Without giving twists and secrets away, we have seventeen-year-old Olivia Cole who is studying psychology at school hence - the second window title. She has been working part-time at a supermarket where a recluse and hermit Jodie has been coming in for years through her checkout. They never speak words but Olivia feels a connection and cares for Jodie. Until one day, Jodie speaks and it starts a domino effect for Olivia as it turns out that Jodie has a few secrets and they involve Olivia. As the book goes along, Olivia feels the need to talk to Jodie but she seems to be blocked at every turn by everybody including her mother who Olivia will discover is hiding a big secret - one that will change Olivia's life as she knows it. I was surprised when I read this first twist, but the later twist near the end of the book really blew my mind and left me wanting the second book right this instance. For fans of the TV Show The Lying Game and Pretty Little Liars - both Sara Shepard's books will love Erica Kiefer's The Second Window as it follows a few similar themes.  I now can't wait to get my hands on Book #2 which is released next month. Perfect for YA fans of psychological fiction.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid